January 24, 2013

Another kind of ring

Hello everyone!
It was love at first sight: my love for "Wedding ring" quilts; and I find it hard to paper piecing all the rings for all the blocks, I needed to make one, without using this technique. A well printed fabric can be so useful! Like this one: 
I printed a pattern from my EQ5 for a 10" block Wedding ring.
 
First try, this is it:
 
Not bad, eh!? The fabrics always inspire me:

I made only 4 blocks today, I'm not sure if I should make a pillow or a quilt?!
Maybe it will be a quilt, I like sewing these and I really love the result.
 
New day, new blocks...
Well, I see a quilt in the future! (and a pretty one! ;) for sure!)
Happy sewing, my friends!

2 comments:

capitolaquilter said...

wonderful fussy blocks in the intersections - love the fun fabric.

Patchwork DailyDesire said...

Thank you so much!
It was fun, playing with those coloured little blocks, and trying to maintain their place in a way to have one from each colour in all intersections.
I'm plesed...